Best Paper Award [India]
The Best Paper Award is given for the paper judged to make the most significant contribution to the conference. The judges may make their assessment based on the papers contained in the proceedings, not on the oral or poster presentation of the papers. However, for a paper to gain this award one of the authors must have attended the conference and presented the paper. In making their decision the judges will take the following criteria into account: – Quality of the research and results presented;
– A clear application (or potential application) and relevance of the work;
– Quality of the written presentation, freedom from errors, good English;
– Validity of the conclusions.
Judge’s Decision: –
The judge’s decision is final and they will not enter into any discussion about their findings.
The award will be announced and presented at the closing ceremony of 2nd National Conference on Academic and Industrial Research in Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering [2nd NCMAE 2018]. A certificate will be presented to the winning paper.
• Originality (weighting 40%) Originality of contribution to knowledge with an emphasis on the paper’s innovativeness in one or more of;
(i) theoretical development,
(ii) empirical results or,
(iii) policy development
• Quality of Argument (weighting 30%) Quality of argument incorporating;
(i) critical analysis of concepts, theories and findings, and
(ii) consistency and coherency of debate
• Positioning (weighting 15%) Clear positioning of paper in existing international literature with a conclusion(s) that is both convincing and of significant potential.
• Writing Style (weighting 15%) Quality of writing style in term of accuracy, clarity, readability, and organisation of the paper.
Opens on 01/08/2017